‘Hello Stranger’: Jordana Brewster & Sam Worthington Join Luke Grimes In Sci-Fi-Thriller
As we revealed in September, April Mullen (Wander) is slated to direct from a screenplay penned by Ryan Christopher Churchill.
In Hello Stranger, Faye (Brewster) attempts to replace her newly deceased husband, Evan (Grimes) with an android simulant (SIM). Although SIM Evan appears like human Evan in everyway, Faye does not feel the same love for SIM Evan as it does for her. SIM Evan tries to win Faye back, while at the same time, on-the-run from a government agent (Worthington) chasing down SIMS who have become “conscious,” and could potentially be a threat to humankind.
The film will mark Mullen’s follow-up to feature Wander, starring Aaron Eckhart, Katheryn Winnick and Tommy Lee Jones, which was released by Saban, and her Toronto Film Festival feature Below Her Mouth, shot by an all-female crew.
Pic is being produced by Tim Doiron (Wander) and James van der Woerd (Wander) in association with their production company Wango Films, with Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico (The Last Word) as an executive producer.
Myriad is repping international sales and will continue to sell the movie at the EFM next year. CAA and Verve Ventures are repping domestic. Mongrel will distribute in Canada.
Said Wango CEO and producer Tim Doiron: “The addition of Sam and Jordana to Hello Stranger takes an already stellar creative team to the next level. We have secured our dream cast for this film and cannot wait to bring this project to life.”
Worthington is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content and Hansen, Jacobsen; Brewster by CAA, Principal Entertainment LA and attorney Marcy Morris; Grimes by CAA and Range Media Partners; Mullen by Verve Talent.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANITES AND LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE MYRIAD PICTURES SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, LINKS, MESSAGES, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, DOWNLOADS AND OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED ON AND/OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, MYRIAD PICTURES DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NEITHER MYRIAD PICTURES, NOR ITS AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE VENDORS, AGENTS OR EMPLOYEES, NOR ANY PERSON INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE MYRIAD PICTURES SITE WARRANT THAT THIS SITE (AND/OR THE MATERIALS CONATINED IN THE MYRIAD PICTURES WEBSITE) WILL BE AVAILABLE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH MATERIALS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. MYRIAD PICTURES MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICE OR OTHER CONTENT IN THE MYRIAD PICTURES SITE WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND MYRIAD PICTURES ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES OR OTHER CONTENT OF THE MYRIAD PICTURES SITE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT MYRIAD PICTURES, ITS AFFILIATED AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE VENDORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND ANY PERSON INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE MYRIAD PICTURES SITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITY, OR DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL,
INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR PURCHASE OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICES ON THE SITE OR FROM YOUR USE OF ANY ONLINE MATERIALS; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS THE SITE; OR (C) DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION, TRANSMISSION FAILURE, OR OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE ON THE SITE OR THE INTERNET. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY TO APPLY TO YOU, THE LIMITATION WILL APPLY TO YOU ONLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. MYRIAD PICTURES MAY REMOVE OR MODIFY ANY CONTENT WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY AT ANY TIME IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ANY USE OF THE SITE WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION ON LIABILITY SET OUT ABOVE.
We explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, content, or availability of information found on sites that link to or from the Myriad Pictures Site. We cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third-party site that links to or from the Myriad Pictures Site or third party content on the Myriad Pictures Site. We do not endorse any of the merchandise, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of, any of the information contained in such third-party sites or content. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites and third party content. We strongly encourage you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
1. The Myriad Pictures Site is controlled and operated by Myriad Pictures Inc. All materials on the Myriad Pictures Site ("Materials"), including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, service marks, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights and other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by Myriad Pictures or by other parties that have licensed their material to Myriad Pictures. No Material may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed in any way, or otherwise used for any purpose without the prior written permission of their respective owners. You may not add, delete, distort, or otherwise modify the contents on the Myriad Pictures Site. Any unauthorized attempts to modify any Material, to defeat or circumvent our security features, or to utilize the Myriad Pictures Site for other than their intended purposes are prohibited.
3. You may only use the Myriad Pictures Site and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing or transmitting any unlawful material through the Myriad Pictures Site. You may not collect or store personal information regarding other users. You recognize that storing, distributing or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal and/or civil liability. You agree that if a third party claims that material you have contributed to the Myriad Pictures Site is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that it is lawful. You understand and agree that all materials publicly posted (other than by Myriad Pictures) or privately transmitted on or through the Myriad Pictures Site are the sole responsibility of the sender, not Myriad Pictures, and that you are responsible for all material you upload, post or otherwise transmit to or through the Myriad Pictures Site.
4. Any notes, message/bulletin board postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts, or other material submitted to us will become the property of Myriad Pictures and Myriad Pictures shall be entitled to use such material for any type of use forever, including in any media whether now known or hereafter devised. You agree that any submission you make to us is original with you and accurate. You agree that you will not submit or otherwise publish through the Myriad Pictures Site any content, or act in any way, which in Myriad Pictures' opinion: may constitute libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, or is obscene, pornographic, abusive, or threatening; may infringe any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person; may violate any applicable law or advocates illegal activity; advertises or otherwise solicits funds or is a solicitation for goods, services, advertisers or sponsors or otherwise engages in commercial activity; includes programs which may contain viruses, worms, or other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication; or disobeys any policy or regulation established from time to time regarding use of the Myriad Pictures Site.
6. Unless otherwise specified, the Materials are presented solely for the purpose of informing users, and for promoting programs, films, and other products. The Myriad Pictures Site is controlled and operated by Myriad Pictures from its offices in Santa Monica, CA. We make no representation that the Materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations outside the United States. Those who visit the Myriad Pictures Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. You specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation those concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
7. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Myriad Pictures has designated a Copyright Agent to receive notice of claims of copyright infringement with respect to Content on the Site. To notify Myriad Pictures of content on the Myriad Pictures Site that you believe infringes your rights, please provide the following information to the Myriad Pictures Copyright Agent:
(a) Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at the Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the Site;
(c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Myriad Pictures to locate the material, such as the URL or a reasonable description of where the alleged infringing material is located;
(d) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(e) A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
(f) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
Myriad Pictures Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject "Copyright Complaints");
By postal mail:
Attn: Business Affairs
3015 Main Street
90405 Santa Monica
(with subject "Copyright Complaints")
Thank you for visiting the Myriad Pictures Site. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at this site.
The Information We Collect
At this site, you can submit comments, questions, or suggestions to us. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at these pages may include but are not limited t name, address, e-mail address, fax number and telephone number. We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and/or the domain name of your Internet service provider.
We sometimes may use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
Our Commitment to Security
While we have taken steps to protect the data we collect from you on the Myriad Pictures Site, no wireless transmission or Internet connection is ever completely error-free or secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose to us, or that we store internally and you do so at your own risk. Please consider this when you choose the information, if any, you wish to transmit to the Myriad Pictures Site or to Myriad Pictures through the Internet or wireless transmissions. The Myriad Pictures Site is a website for a general audience that does not knowingly collection personal data from children younger than thirteen years of age. If you are a child younger than thirteen years of age, do not send any information about yourself to us. In the event we are notified that a child younger than thirteen years of age has submitted personal data to the Myriad Pictures Site, we will delete such personal data.
How to Contact Us